Kangoo Jumps

image Kangoo JumpsI feel like a true Amazonian warrior while standing in these kangoo jump boots, I must be towering way above 6ft. Shame I feel like a knock kneed bambi when I’m running in them.

By popular demand, I dragged myself out of my sick bed to provide laughing fodder for the masses:

[youtube]0UruzYcz03Y[/youtube]

They are quite good fun actually, they don’t compress anywhere near as much as I expected but they are noticeably bouncier than a pair of shoddy knees. On todays little jaunt I felt that most of my energy went in to up and down movement and it felt as though I was jogging on the spot, a slight alteration in stance led me to move forward with a bit more efficiency.

When I’m feeling a bit better I’ll do some proper tests with them. I want to see if my pace alters over a given distance and how my heart rate responds. It felt pretty hard work today but then that is to be expected, dragging myself out of bed was tough today.

poweredby Kangoo Jumps

Everything Else Gadgets Reviews Running

• celeste 19 September, 2007, 6:57 am

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!! However, perhaps if there were a few of you all running together it would look less, ummm, obvious.

I really want to hear how it works out – over a decent distance.

• No wetsuit girl 19 September, 2007, 10:21 am

BOING! Actually I’m surprised, I was expecting something more along the lines of Nickelodeon Moon Shoes, but you don’t look like nearly as much of an idiot as this kid:

In fact, you look kind of… NORMAL running in those things. Anyway, I hope you feel better with your sick AND your knees.

• No wetsuit girl 19 September, 2007, 10:24 am

Darn, youtube link doesn’t work in comments. Anyway, here’s how I and many other kids skinned their knees in the mid 90s (I still have the scar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_WzKOxfeM
    Be careful out there! Good knees on the inside are no good if you’ve got a nasty scab/bruise combination on the outside!

Thanks for the video.

• kathy 19 September, 2007, 12:33 pm

You looked way more normal than I expected. I thought you’d be bounding along like a kangaroo.

Hope you’re feeling better soon.

• warriorwoman 20 September, 2007, 3:15 pm

General consensus seems to be that I am “normal” which is always good to know – I think. Those moon shoes looked as bounce-less as my boots but that kid had way too much energy for his own good.

• Kieren Geaney 24 September, 2007, 11:04 pm

Ha Ha – they look pretty cool.

I wonder if I could make it round time trial faster in a pair

• Rodiogirl 26 September, 2007, 9:51 pm

heh heh Kangaroo boots LOL

Wicked I want some now. Not for running in mind just for jumping!!!!

Sarah

• TERRI 11 December, 2007, 7:00 pm

HI THERE, YOU LOOK LIKE YOU COULD BE LOCAL TO ME, SOMEWHERE IN THE RICHMOND AREA!? I ALSO HAVE A PAIR OF KJ’S, SO IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP SOMETIME WE CAN GO FOR A JOG AND LOOK RIDICULOUS TOGETHER!

TERRI

• Asus Eee PC 2G Surf Launches 22 December, 2007, 9:35 am

ha ha ha very nice……………….

• Emily 4 January, 2009, 10:46 pm

Hey – I have a pair of JK’s – though I was the only one in the UK!
    If anybody is hooking up in the Surrey area and looking ridiculous together then please let me know – would be good to share the stares with others!