So you mean this is a running blog?

Here’s a tiny update to go with my titchy tiny run for today. It was short and slow but I’m not going to analyse it too deeply, at least I’m back out there and still breathing at the end of it.

It’s been about 4 weeks since my last run, I fell into a deep motivational rut that coincided with killer back ache and just as my physio sorted me out enough for me to stand unaided I got girl flu. Then that flipping lingered until it turned into another motivational rut and even the latest copy of runnersworld couldn’t drag me back into the fold.

Fortunately I’ve been getting harassed from the sidelines and so today I finally managed to push myself out of the door, slap bang into the face of a force 9.

Next weeks half has been cancelled due to the complete lack of training and the following weeks 10 miler is in the undecided zone. I’m off out again tomorrow for a slightly extended run so I’ll have better idea how much fitness I lost over the last month.

poweredby So you mean this is a running blog?

Running

• jogblog 22 March, 2008, 4:40 pm

If you have gone for a run today, then you are very brave indeed. I made an attempt to go to the shop. Got as far as opening the gate before heading back inside.

• Betsy 22 March, 2008, 4:44 pm

Yeah! Glad to see you back in the blogosphere (I was getting ready to give you a hard time). But so sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. Hopefully with spring coming you’ll get motivated!

• TriGirl Thea 22 March, 2008, 5:45 pm

Ya-ay! Well done you for putting on your running shoes and finally getting back out there. And its good to see you back in the land of Blog too!

• warriorwoman 23 March, 2008, 1:25 am

I did run again today but the route wasn’t as long as I intended. Mind you it was enough, its so flippin cold all of a sudden. I actually ran with a scarf and gloves and I never run with gloves.

• suzanne 23 March, 2008, 1:38 pm

wow – sounds like we are in the same place! just when we come off an injury & physical therapist gets us out of the woods, we get hit with illness! ahh! always nice to finally get out for that first run – it may be slow, but we are finally out there!!

• Speed Racer 24 March, 2008, 6:26 pm

Sounds like SOMEONE needs a new toy to lure her out the door.

I’m glad you’re back. Bob was asking me about you this weekend and I guessed you were spending quality time with Stella. I know how it is. I’m sure you’ll be back in full swing, and stronger than ever before soon enough. In the meantime it’s nice to have you back.

• Phil 24 March, 2008, 11:33 pm

I pulled my back out too, almost a a month ago and it sucks. But, trying to look on the bright side, you’ve been fit before, so it’s only a matter of time before you’re back to full speed. And the summer’s on the way…

• Steve 24 March, 2008, 11:47 pm

Girl Flu. I’m wondering if that is worse than Man Flu. I’m sure you’ve been on a few more runs since you wrote this up.

• Darrell 25 March, 2008, 11:48 am

The main thing is that you’re feeling better and making some slow yet steady progress. Welcome back superstar!!

• Kieron 27 March, 2008, 11:47 pm

Hi, not stopped by here for a while. Hope you’re keeping well. Kieron (Extreme Run)

• Speed Racer 1 April, 2008, 5:49 pm

Where ARE you?! Sitting on the couch or running home from work, I’m sure that SOMETHING worth writing about has happened to you…

Hello? Helloooo?

• warriorwoman 1 April, 2008, 7:31 pm

I know I know, I have been a little too busy digging and then rather pre-occupied with a killing frenzy.

Fear not though, I have just been offered the chance of a new gadget and a challenge that will bring back my mojo. I’m quite excited at the moment and busy mapping out potential running routes that reach the 100km mark.

I wonder if I should commit publicly to running home from work tomorrow night even though I can see a big storm cloud brewing outside my window?

• Kieron 1 April, 2008, 8:05 pm

You betcha. I think a public commitment is the way to go!

• warriorwoman 1 April, 2008, 8:55 pm

Oh no, there are ears out there.
    I better prepare my rucksac.