We got a swanky new treadmill recently, so despite the horrendously hot weather conditions I am choosing to do most of my running indoors, without air con and without a fan.
Within 5 minutes I have wilted terribly and my chances of staying on to complete my usual target of 5k are slim.
It is in these conditions that I need to unleash the power of the running playlist – the power to sweat and endure.
The Vision treadmill comes complete with an iPod adaptor so I can link up the iPod nano that I got from Argos and blast out my Top 5 motivational running tunes:
- Roar – Katy Perry. I have to play this first as I need to yell “Hear me Roar!” along to the chorus and I lose my puff very quickly.
- On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons. For some reason I try to dance with my arms thrust into the air when this plays. Very dodgy on a moving treadmill.
- Pompeii – Bastille. We’ve just come back from a trip to Pompeii so this has to be on my current list, even though I can’t forgive him for his pronunciation of “close”. Weirdo.
- I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry. Not that I have a thing about Katy Perry but frankly, no other song has the power to make me bounce.
- Breathe – Melissa Etheridge. Because by song 5, it does “only hurt when I breathe”