BPTT Update for 24th February

I didn’t have the best pre-race prep, unrestrained alcohol and dodgy curries aren’t usually recommended in the books. As expected I was suffering a little bit before I set off for the Bushy Park time trial, the early morning ride through Richmond Park perked me up a little bit though.

BPTT Update for 24th February

The grass doesn’t look too bad in this starting shot but by the time I arrived there, about 270 runners back, it was a quagmire and the gel trabucos were not proving themselves to be exceptional grippers. This is always going to be an occupational hazard for back of the pack runners.

I won’t include a shot of myself in this run, as it is too frightening for words. Without the rain of my BPTT debut, I soon began to overheat and I was running with my rucksac, so the overall look fell a long way from aesthetic. In the final stretch a whole load of folk from the runnersworld forum started shouting “come on warriorwoman” which was a lovely buzz and inspired a sprint finish along with a record topping max heartrate of 184.

Final result: 5km in 36:19 (no PB)
Positon: 264/269

My hip has been playing up again after this run, it started in the iliac crest as usual but has now shifted a little towards my buttock. Quite uncomfortable. I’m a little concerned that it may be triggered by my recent change of shoes, but its concerning if I really am going to be tied down to one style of shoe forever. Imagine the boredom.

Event Running

• Steve 25 February, 2007, 1:03 pm

Maybe you could convince them to run it in a handicap style. That way at least you would be running on fresh grass and the top guns would have to put up with the mire. Just a thought.

• Hollywood 25 February, 2007, 3:23 pm

You can run but you can’t hide!

Please come and say hello next time.

Also… there is bag storage available if you do want to leave it behind…

I hope the hip is OK – will chase Funkin in your direction!

• Hollywood 25 February, 2007, 3:24 pm
  • joggerblogger 25 February, 2007, 4:12 pm

:-) well done on the run – hope the hip sorts itself out. I have to buy the same shoes all the time, I used to have orthotics in my shoes – but since buying the New Balance I don’t need them (thank goodness as orthotics are horrid).

Looks a good time at the BPTT.

• jogblog 25 February, 2007, 4:14 pm

Unrestrained alcohol and dodgy curries are always recommended in my book :-)

They will be when I write one, anyway.

• warriorwoman 25 February, 2007, 4:20 pm

Thanks for that Hollwood >:o
    I missed that photo actually and apart from the beetroot face its not too bad, I would like to draw everyone’s attention to the fact that both my feet are off the ground at the same time – how amazing is that!

Jogblog – put me down for an advance copy of your book.

• David Rowe 25 February, 2007, 5:36 pm

Nice write-up. I was nearer the front at the start and the ground was just as bad! I got mud on my eyelid and in my mouth. Lovely!

• Hollywood 25 February, 2007, 7:01 pm

The start looks OK to me – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mQ_DQBFkQ

And just to keep teasing… I’m definitely on there somewhere 😉

• booyaa 25 February, 2007, 9:29 pm

Looks like BPTT’s starting to become a regular occurrence. Good stuff! Alcohol and curry is definitely sound Olympic training food! I always try to add it to my fueling schedule once or two a month. Although of late, our local ruby delivery have started answering the phone with, “It’ll be over in 45 minutes!” 😉